Monday, October 4, 2010

Someone turn off the dirge

Okay.  Stick a fork in me I am done.  This past week has been really disheartening and demand a reprieve. Not that the death and negative aspects of it are going to evaporate.  Like things never happened.  It's just that I need a day to feel sort of normal. Not that my normal is particularly normal.  I need to go run around a gym and dance around the apartment to very large music and bug bookers for work and plot my take over of the world via playrighting, essays, podcasts, music and decent joke writing.  And clean the bathroom. Because that will make me feel better.  I would like to go see "The Social Network" but I will settle for singing at the top of my lungs bouncing off the wall in shorts and a sports bra. See.  Not normal normal.  But it works for me.

For a little while I was freaking about work.  There is a darned good chance that the 2nd A.D. (not to be confused with 2nd 2nd A.D.....yes one was not enough) has decided to reconstruct the regular medical examiner's office background on the television show that I am a prop on sometimes. I may be quietly dropped from the favorite prop people list. No one has asked avails this week.  It is all fair.  That's how I got my spot to begin with. They rearranged the regulars to make it more alternative looking in the lab and I'm bleached so in I came, out someone else went. I'm prepared for it.  Doesn't mean I'll never work on the show, just not as much.  But if I am not put on the list in the next two weeks, I'm requesting a spot as a corpse and will probably get it since I already asked the 2nd 2nd and he said sure but I'd lose my regular place on the show.  Confounding fake world, ain't it?  But a decent paycheck and a nice group of people to work with for that many hours.  I was getting used to it. But I will find something else.  I always do.  And my friend Alex is leaving the set so it'll be a little strange not to have him around anyway.  He was an instant and lovely one and maybe I'll see him again some day. So whatever you got, God, have at it.

And Greg Giraldo.  Oy how that man has rattled so many lives up this week.  People are having the damnedest reactions to his demise.  I miss him and haven't spoken to him in 7 or 8 years. Lots of us bursting into tears randomly. Shocked I guess. Saddened like hell. Something just stinks so badly about this that it seems like a lot of us are having trouble processing it.  That's why I am so anxious for Nick to put up the interview that I did with him so many years ago.  It's almost like someone killed the old Greg in our heads with the new Greg that grew so far away from him.  It's like this nice guy we know was murdered or something. Completely foreign feeling from any form of mourning I've experienced. We need to see him again. I can do that for people with that video. We need this now.  The people from our olden days.

Mostly, I need to perform.  To vocalize and expand on ideas.  I need to blow the energy out at people.  I need to be louder than in my house.  I need to be a comic around comics. Isn't it weird how our needs can be so specific.  I think that is what keeps most of us in this very different rat race.  Because we have to be here.  We can't not.  Oh, I've got things coming up.  A bunch really.  But now. I need comedy and music and dancing and then it will feel better again.

Goodbye my old friend. And see you later some day my new friend. www.bostoncomedy.blogspot.com

Onward and upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment