Monday, April 23, 2012

The Terminator

I don't tell people what my new line of work is very often. It takes a special kind of personality to be comfortable with it. The risk of the job over plays the practicality of income to them. The more I know and train, the safer I feel but some minds just can't wrap their brains around it. There are two types of people in my life now. The ones who get it, understands that this is an answer to the question of poverty that rules our world right now and see the necessity of the job in our society. And then ones that I don't tell because they won't let me in their house again if they knew.

I cannot tell you how much I love my new job, regardless of how others may feel about it. My need to hunt on a very very small scale is ingrained into my personality. I love to  seek out, observe and discover. Years as a stand up comic has given me the training to navigate extreme situations, defuse high emotions.  I hate defeat and am just obsessive enough to make sure that this does not happen. No one will get out alive on my watch. I know that I won't be able to sleep unless I make absolutely sure that I will not have to come back and rectify an error of sloppiness. My boss is a kind person and I do not wish to bring shame on her company.

It has to be done. Many try to handle it themselves. I am not inexpensive because I have the tools to be more thorough than the usual methods which are slowly becoming less effective. My eye is trained to see the issue at hand faster than most and I know how to assess the situation and eradicate the culprits in the most effective way.

I do not leave a mess for them to handle later, after the trauma has past. I will help them so that you will not be taken advantage of a second time by the same family of badness. I see the enemy and respect them for what they are. My job is left at my job. No traces come back with me because I understand the adversary  and know how to keep them from coming home with me. But usually it is better to let people wonder what that big bag is for, why that lady is carrying an unmarked suitcase to the neighbor's house. Because a lot of times they just don't understand that this is a good job, a clean job. I know what I am doing.

I stop family's from suffering. I remove adversity from the world. I do what chemicals are failing to maintain as they become stronger and gain immunity. I am a Lice Terminator.

Not a lice public transit system. Please still let me into your house.




2 comments:

  1. Your outlook on this job is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, Martha, I LOVE this job! love it love it love it!!!

    ReplyDelete