Friday, December 2, 2011

My Inner Child Has A Broken Head

Dear Inner Child,

Sorry about all of the bad hype you got in the '70's. I blame hippies and EST. People really made you sound like a pussy. And I don't mean the cat. I know.....kind of a crappy way to talk to a kid but, really, you are 47 years old. Maybe you should lighten up some?

Let's have a little talk, shall we? I know you are feeling a little put upon. You need a lot of affection and you just aren't feeling it. Logical Thinking over here says you reap what you sow but Logical Thinking also can be a heartless dick. All the parts need to hear "I love you." I mean, you and Self Worth never really got along as it is and he is pinching you every chance he can get, isn't he? I don't have to be watching him every minute to know what a sneaky cow he can be. He bullies everyone when he doesn't feel well. He's been pushing us all around for years, running around with that ass Ego whispering ideas in his ear all of the time, whittling away at his energy and making him miserable to everyone in his path.

What I'm trying to say is, "Be patient," my friend. When you aren't here, it is positively no fun. Because all grown up no child makes Me a real downer. Some day you will hear those words and see a facebook status that gives you approval but for now, learn from what life is giving you. I know it hurts. But kicking on the floor won't help the loneliness go away. Only time will tell. So go be quiet. And stay out of the cookie jar until after dinner. Self Worth can't handle the calorie intake without a melt down.

XXOO

No comments:

Post a Comment