Monday, June 14, 2010

Night time

This is the time when I give up worrying about things.  Jessie Baade has been a world class worrier since she was a new Jessie Curtis, pit stopping at Jessie Robles.  Somewhere along the line, it became too much work before going to sleep.  I learned to say what the is going to happen between the going to sleep and awakening part that worrying is going to fix. It is freeing.  Baby steps.

The bathroom drawers are slamming open and shut and my nerves have had enough noise for one week.  I'm really hoping that the wardrobe fitting tomorrow goes off without them tossing me out as a ineptly attired prop.  This money is crucial.  And it isn't winter so a wedding scene doesn't equal freezing to death as it has in the past.  Doing this kind of work has given me a level of patience that I didn't know I could acquire in my youth.  It's a job.  Don't piss people off and if there is an asshole on the set, it ain't your problem in a couple of days so ignore it until the asshole is no longer in your life.  Being cold sucks but sooner or later you will be warm again.  It gives you something to look forward to.  So it ain't principal work.  It isn't waiting tables either and at least this you are good at doing.  Principal work is another job.  Be gratetful that you get that too.  They have nothing to do with each other except location. Breathe.  Walk.  Pray the food is good.  Try not let lack of sleep fuck you up too badly.  It's only five days....It's only five days....

I am so tired now from last week.  At least I hope its from last week.  I can't seem to wake up.  The human body needs consistency.  I don't get that.  I don't know too many who do.   I guess I'll try.  And tomorrow, if I do catch up, I will tell you a little more about my adventures in all things show business.  It is amusing, I think.  If I can remember it....

No comments:

Post a Comment